Scott D. Goss
Scott D. Goss is Senior Privacy Counsel for Qualcomm Incorporated, a global leader in wireless technologies and services. As Qualcomm’s first attorney focusing exclusively on privacy issues, Mr. Goss leads the company’s efforts to design, create and execute a comprehensive, consistent and sustainable global privacy program.
Under his leadership, Qualcomm’s global privacy program now encompasses a Privacy Steering Committee comprised of business, engineering, IT, HR and legal representatives from across Qualcomm and its direct and indirect subsidiaries. Qualcomm’s privacy office also includes another attorney, a government affairs representative and an IT privacy professional. Mr. Goss has established the role of the Privacy Office as a new functional area within the global corporation responsible for:
- Designing and implementing a comprehensive, corporate-wide, sustainable privacy program to facilitate legal and regulatory compliance
- Helping drive the development and enhancement of industry-leading privacy features in all of Qualcomm’s products and services
- Training Qualcomm attorney’s, project managers and developers on privacy issues and privacy best practices
- Coordinating with Government Affairs to monitor worldwide developments in both privacy-related legal and regulatory matters as well as industry best practices
- Representing Qualcomm in various privacy-related organizations
Mr. Goss received his J.D. from University of California, Davis in 1998 and became a Certified Information Privacy Professional in 2005. He started his legal career as a patent litigator for an IP boutique firm in Silicon Valley. After two years in a law firm, he went in-house – first to a map database company and then to an online advertising company. Mr. Goss has been with Qualcomm since 2007.